Journeys

As we discussed in class, people go journeys for many reasons. Reasons include for relaxation, educational, sports, & recreation, fun and adventure. Of course, as we said there are many other reasons that people go on journeys. We also discussed that journeys are not necessarily to a far away place. Your grade 6 year in school could be discovered a journey and now you are on a journey through grade.   Tell about in detail a journey that you have taken……Remember it does not have to be to a Fancy place!!!! 

980x353_luxury-rail-journeys

23 thoughts on “Journeys

1. My journey.
    I walked into my new house ready to unpack.Looking into the living room where all of the boxes were.Grabbing all my suitcases and boxes pushes them to my room.Getting ready for my new life with my mom and little brother.

2. Amazing journey
    Once I went to grand prairie to visit family and my cousins were going to a Marianas trench concert and I really wanted to go and there were seats left so my dad bought me tickets and my aunty came with me. When we were going I was really nervous and excited and so were my cousins and I have to say it was it was a really great concert and I got a shirt that says ‘face the music’ and its pink and yeah it was amazing

3. It was a warm day we (kylee,dad and mom) were sitting outside and we saw lots smoke. it took us a while to realize because we were working and didn’t pay attention to the sky until now as soon as mom and dad saw it they ran into the house kylee followed. I was just staring at the sky all of a sudden ashes were falling out of the sky the size as my fist! When i ran inside to tell my parents i saw my mom at the counter grabbing our passports and dad runnig down the stairs with suitcases. my mom told me to take kylee and some bags to the truck and wait. when we got in our truck i could here fait sirens then fire trucks and ambulance came rushing into our driveway, by then my dad was with the other truck loading up the 5th wheel a firefighter came and told dad he HAD to leave thank god he was done. we were driving down the road to go to northern lakes college when i looked back our yard was on fire. when we got to town they said half the town was on fire. that night we ate kfc in the walmart parking lot and selp at a friends place. in the morning it was still smokey my parents had gone to a meeting when they came back they said our house might have burned down after we sulked around for a while, my parents went to meeting and it was official our house was gone. my parents went to our property and our house was there! for some weird reason my mom had those big garbage bags and they grabbed everything they could including the horses. after that we all met up at tim hortons we were so happy to hear our house was ok when e where done we walked outside and the sun was gone there was smoke everywhere and it was hard to breath, there was cars driving everywhere we all ran to the trucks and just we made it out, all the other people were stuck in the walmart parking lot. at first we were driving therw black smoke theen it was red then there was fire on the side of the highway then it was gone. a beautiful sky and when you looked just black.

4. Apart of my journey is confidential. So i will tell as much as i can and remember. i was born, and grew up with, an older sister, (Kayla) along with my mom and dad. I went to school, made friends, and anything a kid did when they were young. I am going to start at when i went to grade 5. because thats as much i can remember. when i started grade 5, i got the news that my dad was moving away. it was horrible. i was losing the person i can talk to and trust. but i got over it. next step was going to grade 6. i can tell a little a bit about this, i got hated and bullied for pretty much every move i made. i couldn’t take it and didn’t go to school for a week. as much as i can tell you, that’s enough. i have finished my grade and moved on to grade 6. i had made friends, and lost some. i was failing school because of the negativity and no motivation. but somehow i passed. next grade, grade7. its mostly confidential but i got the news that my dad was moving back. i wanted to move to Edmonton, where my dad is living right now, but my success was a fail. so I am struggling to be happy right now. this is my journey through out my life.

5. My journey. I went fishing when I was little one time with my Dad, Uncle Curtis and my cousin, Jaden. I was catching fish 12 feet off the shore of at Notikewin River. It was so easy and fun and I got really wet! We went there in my Dad’s car and we used grasshoppers for bait.

6. My Journey

I took a wild Journey I went to Calgary with Nikki B and My sister and Nikki’s mom. We drove from High Level to Edmonton to Calgary.
    Nonstop driving it took us about 15 hours of driving. When we reached Calgary we were thrilled but then WE GOT LOST. We drove about 42 km until we got back and found the mall that we needed we did about 4 hours of shopping every girls dream. After we were done shopping we went to look for the concert. The buildings were tall when we were there we had seen the Calgary Tower.

Veronica, Eleven Past One, R5, Tyler Shaw, Brittany and Trevor (Riley and James), it was the best comment I ever saw. After the concert we had took pictures with Eleven Past One, Veronica signed my IPod it was the best day of my life.

7. I was on the coast of mexico with my family. I saw a coral reef so I dicided to go snorky to it. I started swimming and I saw a white goldfish under a rock. It was about 50 inches deep now and I noticed a glimpse of a orange yellow colour. I swam closer it was it was a stringray, not huge but a reasonable size.

8. My journey
    By: Breann

I was driving to the top of a mountain. And while getting closer to the top, the edge was getting closer like so close to the ski-doo. If you didn’t cross right you can literally fall of the edge. There was this one place where I was so hypnotized like that I just drove over it so fast I didn’t realize how close the edge was until I got across and I was supposed to go back over. That’s when I realize and got too scared so my dad had to drive the snow mobile across. Even my dad was frightened to do it but gladly he made it over. After that I refuse to go to the top of mountains with ski-doo. But I’ll go half ways just not all the way
    *that’s my terrified, wonderful adventure*

9. Journey
    My awesome climbing adventure in Jasper. My sister and I were running around Jasper and we saw a mountain close to the church. We went to the church that we were staying at for two days. We ask our dad if you climb the mountain my dad said yes. So we got ready to go climb the mountain but when we were walking we saw a deer climb too. We wait for a few minute then we went it was hard. Because we didn’t have the proper shoes but there is a lot of root sticking out. We grab the roots it helps a lot for us. Every step it was hard loose rock everywhere we are half way there. A couple more step and we are there right on the top. It was a beautiful view to see but my sister what to see the other side. But when we went I saw a deer look at me I told my sister we have to go there is a deer. My sister screams and we run down the mountain. We told all about the adventure to my dad and my little bother
    My journey is done
    By James

10. Sawyer, what an incredible journey. Your enthusiasm and ambition will take you far! I wish you the very best in the 2014 swimming year!

11. Morgan, you have been on an incredible journey. Many of our journeys have bumps along the way. Remember Robert Frost’s poem, The Road Not Taken, we never know what is ahead on the path we have chosen.
    We also get to have happy and peaceful times when everything is going well and the road is smooth. I am glad to hear that your journey has taken a turn for the better.

12. This summer I went swimming in a river called Little Red River, it is near Fox Lake.They call it Little Red River because the water is red and you can drink it without getting sick! I went swimming with my biological dad, My step mom, stepbrother,step sisters, and my auntie. We went swimming in a shallow part and there were lots of big rocks it was the most Fun day ever!!

13. I woke up at 7:00 am on a Monday morning to the sound of my mom calling my name. I crawled out of bed, walked across my room, opened my dresser then got clothes on. I walked to the kitchen and ate a slice of pepperoni pizza for breakfast. I said “Good bye” to my mother and I walked out the door. I felt the cold wind on my face, I put my hood on before I walked any further. I look up and see an orange cat crossing the road, I call the cat Garfield. I ran about half way to school then I started to walk because I got tired, finally I got to the front of the school.

14. There are many types of journeys if you are battling a disease there is a mental journey.Also, there are spiritual journeys like with gods and some are with spirits or with going places and going to crazy places.
    Last summer when the fire happened, I was caught in the middle. As the fire baked my face, it almost turned me in to bar-q. The heat was bad as my stomach burned all most gushing I didn’t know how I got here but I didn’t like.I laid down knowing it was the end. Everything went black. I woke up in the hospital. Thats all I remember.
    My best journey of life was being born but I don’t remember

15. When I was six I went to Orlando, Florida and Disney world. We had a long 15 hour flight :l We stayed in a five star resort with mini golf, water park and basketball court. We had a GPS and still couldn’t find are way to McDonald’s. I was pretty sad when we got there because the play park was closed . I stayed there for two weeks and then came back to this tiny place. When I got back I couldn’t sleep do to the time change it sucked.

16. My Journey
    When I was a little girl I had it rough. Lived in a small town where we were the only white family there. And I thought white people were the only prejudice people. But I didn’t know better than I was just a kid. My brothers were rough on me but that’s what I get for being the only girl and the youngest. When I was 5 we moved to slave lake where I was born. I started kinder garden and when I was 7 we moved to a place named west lock. Two hours away from Edmonton actually. My dad was in the oil field so he was gone most of the time. He would be gone for three months and would come back for maybe a week. When I was 5/12 my brother Dylan was born. When we moved to west lock my parents bought there very first house. I’ve never met my any of my relatives and all of my grandparents dead before my parents even knew each other. 2008 when the economy tanked my dad lost his job. WE lost everything, our house, our quad, my dad’s truck, for six months the bills stacked up. The only reason we weren’t starving is because my church generously donated food to use. No warm showers, no internet, nothing. The government took everything from my family, we were poor already but we weren’t homeless. My dad moved to High level to look for a job why’ll the rest of my family stayed in west lock. West lock is 8 hours from high level. Half way through grade 3 I moved to high level. I’d be an understatement to say I was depressed. I was always moving and then to lose everything, house and all was brutal to say the least especially all below the age of 9. But now in grade 7 I can finally be in peace for a while in High Level.

17. The journey

Last Christmas I went to my grandmother’s house. After my grandfather died, things were hard for her. So my family and relatives went to visit her. My favorite cousin, Kiera was the same age as my little sister but was twice as sweet. I remember playing hide & seek with the younger cousins when I heard her scream. I was the oldest one there because everyone was gone except the four of us kids. So I went towards her hiding place which was in my parents’ closet, that’s when I saw the door and stairs which broke next to my cousin. She ran into my room and instantly went to sleep. Too weird if you ask me.

18. Groovestreet
    Like, 5 Years ago I went (on a Journey) to Edmonton, for a Dance Convention called Groovestreet with Pektus Arts Company (My Dance Studio). It was hosted by the dancers of ‘So you think you can Dance’. It was really fun, I took Song and Dance, Hip-Hop, Contemporary, Jazz, Tap, and Ballet. All in 2 Days! We danced All Day. With really fun People and we made New friends, there was Spandex Shorts, Scarves, Sweats, Hoodies, and T-Shirts. I got Sweats a Shirt and Spandex Shorts that I still wear today. Next month I am going to Groovestreet again! 

19. Journey
    When I was 11, I went on my first trip to Edmonton and we went to West Ed, and I went on my very first roller coaster ride.
    In 2012, I went to 2 concerts in Edmonton 1st one was Cody Simpson concert with BTR, Tyler Mederious and Victoria Duffield, and met Victoria Duffield, I got a picture and autograph from Alli Simpson (Cody Simpsons sister) and James, Kendall, Carlos, and Logan from big time rush. My 2nd concert was Rihanna and asap rocky, I didn’t get to meet them though.
    My 3rd concert was in Calgary it was the big ticket summer concert, where all the singers on family channel go to sing in Toronto and Calgary, there was R5 which are Ross lynch off of Austin and ally with his siblings, Tyler Shaw, next step dancers, 11 past 1, and veronica, I got a picture with the next step dancers , 11 past 1, and veronica, I also got autographs from 11 past 1, next step dancers and veronica. R5 didn’t come out to sign autographs or take pictures cause there to famous, people will go crazy. That’s my journeys

20. MY JOURNEY My journey starts when I was a little girl my dad went to depo and my entire life changed. My family and I packed up are bags and moved to the big city but not just any city Windsor Ontario. We rented a house for about year when we first moved to the new city. A year later we got a new house. After five years we had to move again we packed up are bags said goodbye to our friends and heeded for are new life. We got to visit are family and friends as we were moving to a small town called HIGH LEVEL. I made fantastic friends named Morgan Nicole, Katrina, Kurt, Austen and I could also see my old friends I made when I was a little girl.

21. The journey
    2012 was another swimming season down and another coming
    2013 was the year when I would be the youngest in my division so I had to work extra hard to be qualified for regionals and then later provincials
    Last year I was in the perfect position I was the oldest with the most experience out of the group
    At regionals in the previous year I got 4 silvers and one gold out of six races I did very well although I was disappointed with not getting more gold’s I was satisfied
    I got a sliver in the individual medley (butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and free)
    Silver in my 200 free style
    Silver in the 200 relay
    And the final silver in 100 free
    Then with my gold it was won in the 200 IM relay
    But this year things weren’t as easy but our coach knew that so we started with morning practices and then after school practices as well.
    Sure it tired us out but we all knew it was for the best. With practice 4 days a week 3 of them hour and a half and one 3 hours long….. Thank god we had Friday off for traveling.
    This year I went to 2 companions (that’s all you need to be allowed into regionals)
    At regionals I got three bronze and two silvers
    A bronze in 200 free
    Bronze in the 100 free
    Another bronze in IM
    And a silver in 200 relay
    My silver in my 200 IM relay

In order to go to provincials you need to get silver so I made it two races and next thing I knew was that I was headed to Edmonton. I have to say this year was a much better experience with traveling then last year because I made it in four races my day was packed up and I was stuck in the pool all day this time I got to sleep in and go shopping and the drive down to the pool with no rush I was great. I cannot wait till next year I will try my hardest to get to the top and maybe even place in the top 5 at provincials.

22. My journey
    THIS SUMMER: This summer I went to Drumheller. Me and my family wanted to see the dinosaur museum, Which is called “The Great Tyrell Museum.” We saw many fossils, sculptures, and we saw a lot of dinosaur bones found and put together in a cleaning station. It’s when they find the bones they take them there and brush them off and find out what there from, then they’re done they let another person try and put this bone together with another dinosaur in the museum. After we went there, we went to an amusement park and me and my brother raced go carts around a track 5 times! It was so much fun. My parents played mini putt (golf) in the same park. Once we were finished there we tried to go see the giant dinosaur but it was too much money. So me and my brother decided we wanted to go on the bumper boats! The guy who was working there sprayed us with a hose! It was so funny. My mom got a t-shirt from there it is a dark purple. Its awesome! After that we drove to our campsite slept there a night and then drove 4 hours to Lloydminster, were my grandmas side if the family lives. We visited there for a week. We golfed, and I went knee boarding and tubing for the first time in my life! I almost went out of my wake too. Me and my friend Delany almost fell off the boards on each other but we pushed each other back up on to the boards! It was so much fun! That’s all bye! 

23. Journey
    When I was in grade two I went on a journey to Disney Land, Florida. It was a great experience not just all the rides and the heat when we got there but when we traveled there I really liked flying in the planes so it was enjoyable and relaxing. Also with a big family like mine it’s not very often that we get to go someplace altogether so it was a time when we all bonded and learnt to get along because we were the only people we could hang out with. We went to the United Kingdom and Dr. Seuss Land and a bunch of fast rides! We had giant pretzels the size of my head with pieces of salt on them the size a small pebble! We even caught a few geckos that ran around everywhere. My family really bonded going on this trip partly because we could go wherever we wanted because nothing was scheduled. I just loved everything that happened on this trip, I wish it would have been longer than four days but we had to catch a plane and go back which was alright because I was missing my animals and friends.