Walk Two Moons —Making Connections

DISCUSSION TIME!

images

“DON’T JUDGE A MAN UNTIL YOU’VE WALKED TWO MOONS IN HIS MOCCASINS.” Discuss what this saying might mean in a well written paragraph. Can you relate this expression to your own lives?

Read you classmates’ responses and comment. Let us start a discussion!

27 thoughts on “Walk Two Moons —Making Connections

1. I believe in this saying because lots of people judge people by stuff they think is different. Lots of people judge people by what they look like for example: A man could be at your doorway and you could think he means you harm so you ignore them think about it if they were you would you like to be ignored? I can relate this to an experience,because when I was nine a stranger came to our house we let him in the landing he was asking us if we would let him hunt on our land we told him that it wasn’t ours then he left, when I first saw him I got scared but after he left I thought what if I was in his shoes? If you judge people before you know them then you can be missing out on something wonderful that stranger can be the best friend you ever had just give them a chance. If you judge people then you should stop, you don’t know what they could be going through you don’t know if they are afraid so the next time you see a stranger think about this you may start helping people.

2. “Never judge a person until you walked two moons in his moccasins” this is trying to say to never ever judge a person until you’ve gone through what they gone through like losing someone important, going on the best trip ever, meeting someone that makes you feel special, and being bullied by someone who’s been with you for the longest time ever.

3. “Don’t judge a man until you’ve walked two moons in his moccasins.”
    To not judge a person of how they look or how what they talk about.
    You don’t judge someone when you first see them you have to get
    to know them first instead of judging them at first sight.
    Someone might act differently from your perspective but once
    you get to know them they’re amazing.
    You get to know that person’s life then you understand what they
    do and why they do it.

4. You shouldn’t judge a man till you’ve walked in his shoes
    by Zain

You shouldn’t judge a man till you walk in his shoes. This means that you shouldn’t judge someone till you’ve been through what they’ve been through. Don’t judge other people on what they’ve done because it might happen to you and they won’t judge you because it happened to them. I can relate this to me because people judge me in hockey when i do bad but they don’t know how hard it is to be defense when you have a partner that doesn’t work. So you shouldn’t judge a man till you’ve walked in his shoes because it could happen to you.

5. I’m not going to suggest who the lunatic is, because then you’d all know. But, I have to say, some of you are pretty close!

6. I think Dylan’s comment is pretty cool. I agree with everyone, because we’re all basically saying the same thing. Skeletons in the closet folks! Listen to others, but don’t let them judge; and don’t judge either.

7. i agree with ethan you shouldn’t judge anyone no matter what unless you’ve been through what they’ve been through.

8. ayden is right you should never judge anyone no matter what because it is shelfish and rude and I mean NO MATTER WHAT

9. I agree with everyone that commented, you shouldn’t judge anyone no matter what.

10. I think this saying is great way to not judge anyone. When my first day of grade 4 started I thought my grade 4 teacher was mean but it turned he was very nice and funny. So that’s why I never judge anyone.

11. I don’t judge people and you should not judge people ether so I think people should not judge other people by how they look or how they live how they talk so if your judging someone stop it or their will be problems. So if you think you have skeletons in your closet don’t let them be skeletons and if I judge someone I would stop so should other people.

12. DON’T JUDGE A MAN UNTIL YOU WALKED TWO MOONS
    IN HIS MOCCASINS

don’t judge a man until you walked two moons in his moccasins. that phrase means that you shouldn’t judge people based on his or her’s appearance. just because they look ugly or if they are skinny or fat,
    doesn’t mean they can’t do anything good. YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO! what if someone was fat and they had a amazing voice? just think about the possibility that one person can do. Remember; Never judge a man until you walked two moons in his moccasins

13. I believe in this saying because lots of people judge people by stuff they think is different. Lots of people judge people by what they look like for example: A man could be at your doorway and you could think he means you harm so you ignore them think about it if they were you would you like to be ignored? I can relate this to an experience,because when I was nine a stranger came to our house we let him in the landing he was asking us if we would let him hunt on our land we told him that it wasn’t ours then he left, when I first saw him I got scared but after he left I thought what if I was in his shoes? If you judge people before you know them then you can be missing out on something wonderful that stranger can be the best friend you ever had just give them a chance. If you judge people then you should stop, you don’t know what they could be going through you don’t know if they are afraid so the next time you see a stranger think about this you may start helping people.

14. Don’t judge a man until you walked two moons in his moccasins is like the saying don’t judge a person until you walked in his shoes.Which means don’t judge a person until you lived their life. Cause you don’t know them even if their your friend you don’t know every detail about their life and you probably never will. I’m not saying your not their friend or you don’t know them I’m just saying you may not know everything about them. The most important thing is don’t judge anyone not even your siblings

15. “Don’t judge a man until you’ve walked two moons in his moccasins.”

I would like to think that it means, “Don’t judge a person unless you know what they’ve been through.” It makes sense, to think that you shouldn’t just assume what has happened to a person or to know how they feel. Being judged like this is cruel, unfair, and in a lot of ways offensive towards a person, at most because it is ultimately based on their appearance, attitude or approach. To assess someone because they’ve told you something is also wrong. I know I’ve been judged in this very way before, even by people I don’t know, because everyone does it. You could be being judged right now, whether it’s in person, or someone read a comment you posted and they’ve decided something about you without even seeing you. Give a shoutout if you’ve been judged too.

16. I think this saying means that you shouldn’t judge anyone based on what they do or look like. I have been judged before and it’s not the best thing to go through. You can’t assume that someone is mean and cruel if really they are absolutely nice and wonderful because, it was only how they dressed. So based upon the information on the person, doesn’t mean that they are like what you think their like. In conclusion “don’t judge book by its cover.”

17. Don’t judge a person on what they wear, when you judge someone that crushes their feelings. Each person wears what they can afford, if you can afford one thousand outfits then they have one thousand and if the poor person only can afford 1 piece then they only can afford one piece. It’s not your choose if other families are poor or rich each family lives how they live. Different families have different lives different stories about there lives. Have you ever judged a book by it’s cover? I have and I made that mistake books can be really good but don’t have a nice cover. Just like you don’t want to read that book because you don’t like the author.

18. Don’t judge a person on what they wear, if people were the same thing they will arguing about what they wearing. if they only have enough money for one outfit so they only can wear one outfit. don’t judge a book by its cover

19. What does it mean don’t judge a man until you walked two moons in his moccasins.
    What this means don’t judge a man until you know what they’ve been through. It’s the same saying of don’t judge a man until you’ve walked in his shoes people judge others so easily just by one look, Even I have been judged many times. By just one look at me or even a few words from me people think I am crazy, dramatic, a trouble maker, stupid, etc. I don’t know how people could instantly judge someone from a few words or even the way they look or dress. Well the point of this paragraph was to tell you what “Don’t judge a man until you walked two moons in his moccasins” means. The point is this expression is don’t judge a person based on the little knowledge.

20. DON’T JUDGE A MAN UNTIL YOU`VE WALKED TWO MOONS IN HIS MOCCASINS

I agree because you should never judge a man. That quote means never judge a man unless you’ve been in his shoes, because moccasins are leather shoes. Doing so is rude and disrespectful, and it will make you a bad person. You’ll judge them before you’ll know what he/she is like before you have been in their shoes even if you have you shouldn`t judge. I have judged my brother and I regretted it because I lost my brothers trust, but I regained it by being kind to my brother.

21. I think the saying ’’don’t judge a man until you’ve walked two moons in their moccasins’’ means don’t judge someone till you know what they’re going through. You shouldn’t judge someone over what they wear or how they do there hair or what kind of shoes they have. I have been judged by what I wear and how I do my hair, it doesn’t feel nice when people judge you.

22. Don’t judge somebody when you haven’t experienced what they’ve been through.
    This is like a little life lesson,it’s telling you not to judge somebody about something that they have experienced and you have not.

“Don’t Judge A Man Until You’ve Walked Two Moons In His Moccasins”
    it is kind of describing my life, because i have been judged but i didn’t really bother with it.
    And i’m not gonna deny it, i have judged some people and i wish i could take it back.

Sometimes people would judge me because they don’t know anything about my lifestyle, sometimes people would judge me about MY lifestyle. I would’ve done the same, but once i found something about them or their life i wouldn’t judge them.

23. *Don’t judge a man until you’ve walked two moons in his moccasins*

Don’t judge people how they look until you’ve walked into their shoes for a whole day.
    It does not matter how they look because how they look does not matter to you.
    What they wear Don’t judge them because you do not know what they are going through in their own lives and what happens with them.

24. I think the saying ’’don’t judge a man until you’ve walked two moons in their moccasins’’ means don’t judge someone till you know what they’re going through. You judge someone over what they wear or how they do there hair or what kind of shoes they have.I have been judged by what i wear and how i do my hair, it doesn’t feel nice when people judge you.

25. I believe the message’s meaning is that you must not judge someone by their cover. You never know what someone has been through. It can really affect that person and you. I have been judged, called stupid looking. It’s not the best experience you can have. I hope that people who are judgemental take this saying seriously.

Oh, yeah. One quick question for everyone. I would like to see what you think.

Why is Phoebe so afraid of Ms. Cadaver?

26. I think this saying means that you shouldn’t judge anyone based on what they do or look like, i have been judged before and it’s not the best thing to go through. You can’t assume that someone is mean and cruel if really they are absolutely nice and wonderful because it was only how they dressed.