19 thoughts on “Favorite Children’s Book

1. The squiggy bug
    This book is about a little bug that wants wings and a stinger like a bumble bee. To get this the bee told him he hast to go to the sky to get wings. So he found a large cattail and climbed it on the cattail he found a friend a caterpillar. That took him to a spider that made him wings and told him he couldn’t get a stinger cause he not a bee. So he save him a light in his talk and a name fire fly so he could help people not hurt people. The message I found in the book that go after what you want but try to help people not hurt them.

2. The B Book
    My favorite children’s is the B Book by Bernstein Bears. It doesn’t really have a lesson; it’s just a big tongue twister. The book goes through a bunch of event, and then it says “That’s what broke baby birds balloon.” It’s kinda sad actually. But it’s still my favorite.

3. One book that really stands out in my mind is “The Lorax” by Dr.Seuss. It is about a creature that protects the forest from danger. It teaches a lesson that we all have to protect our natural world. You can also take from it that once something is used up it is gone forever. The creature, called The Lorax, tries to keep a boy from cutting down trees to make his product. The boy ends up cutting down every tree and feels really bad about it. He realizes the true value of trees. When I read the book, it taught me to value things and not to underestimate the importance of nature.

4. I didn’t really like any books until grade 4. Ms.Paul read the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen to us. I really liked this book because it was about a boy surviving in the bush. I like hunting and being in the bush so it made sence to me. I also was interested in the topic. I have read all of Gary Paulsen’s books now. They are books that alot of boys would like.

5. A Squish and a Squeeze
    This book was about a old lady who thought her house was too small, so a old wise man told her to bring in her cow, pig, hen, and goat. When she brought these 4 animals in she was squished and couldn’t even sneeze because there was no room. Then the wise old man told her to take them all out. 1 by 1 her house got roomier as each animal left. When all the animals were gone she said her house was enormous for 1 person. The moral of the story is to appreciate what you have, because not everyone has it.
    The little old lady didn’t realize how big her house was till all the animals were gone.

6. A book that I remember being read to me was Goldilocks and the Three Little Bears and the little critter books. I liked them because they weren’t boring they were interesting. The moral is not to just barge in on others and make yourself at home —think about others.

7. The Lorax
    The Lorax is a book read to me a lot as a kid, and also one that I loved and read a lot. It is written by Dr. Seuss. In the beginning it is very gloomy and the kid goes to see the Oncler to ask about trees. He puts some money in the bucket and has the Oncler tell him a story about his past. There is an abundance of truffala trees and he harvests them all to make thneads. He’s making a lot of money selling them to the townspeople, so he gets greedy and chops down all the trees. In one of the trees he chops down, the Lorax comes and warns him about chopping all the trees, but he just dismisses the Lorax and continues with his factory. Eventually all the animals in the forest leave and the trees are all gone, so his business is ended. The lesson given in this story is that you should never let greed get the best of you.

8. Hansel and Gretal
    Hansel and Gretal is a well known fairy tale about a brother and a sister who are thrown out into the woods by their parents because they could’nt provide for them anymore.So they wondered around the woods until they found a house made of gingerbread.It belonged to a witch who eats little children.The witch fattened up Hansel and made Gretal clean her house. Just when Hansel was about to be thrown into the oven Gretal broke free of the chains around her ankles and pushed the witch into the oven, saving her brother. They took pieces of the house(gingerbread) and some of the riches that the witch was hiding and somehow found their way back home into their parents arms safe and sound. The moral is don’t talk to strangers because you never know who they really are. Thanks for reading and bye

9. Where the Wild Things Are
    I remember when my teacher read me a story called Where the Wild Things Are. It’s an adventurous story and a good book, but the monsters look creepy in the book and the movie. The author that wrote this story Maurice Sendak and he’s the illustrator of the book too. The thing I learned from the book is that never leave your friends behind or you’ll almost be eaten by a monster.

10. Stephanie’s Ponytail
    This is a book that stands out to me from my childhood. Stephanie’s Ponytail was written by Robert Munsch. Stephanie wore her hair in a ponytail and the next day everyone else copied her look. She kept switching styles, but everyone still copied. Stephanie got frustrated and told everyone she was going to shave her head. When she came to school the next day everyone had shaved their head, but Stephanie had a full head of hair!
    I enjoyed this book because I learned about how we can be followers or leaders. I do not believe in being a follower. We should all learn to think for ourselves. being independent, is way better. Who wants to be the same as everyone else when you have the choice to be different?

MORAL: Don’t be a follower be yourself

11. My favorite childhood book.
    I forgot the title of this book. So, the way the story goes is, these wooden people live in a village. Their life was all based upon having good looks, no scratches, or whether you have any gold stars. I think the title is called Punichellow or something. Well, I’m going to call the main wooden person, Kid. So, Kid, well, he wasn’t the best wooden person in the village. He had scratches and got black dots all the time. Kid was full of black dots. Eli, the wooden people creator of them and the village, he made Kid that way. A new wooden female person showed up. She was well waxed, shiny as could be. She got gold stars for looking good and being shiny, but they wouldn’t stick to her little wooden body. She saw Eli every day for waxing. She didn’t care if she didn’t get gold stars or if she didn’t. She and Kid eventually became friends. The female wooden villager said to kid, “Why don’t you see Eli?” Kid was scared to see Eli although. He tried to see Eli a couple times but he couldn’t. He went up to the hill where Eli lived; Eli was delighted to see Kid. Eli was waiting for a long time for Kid to come and see him. Whether or not if he did have gold stars or not. Kid asked Eli if he could get the treatment the female wooden villager got. Eli did. The black dots couldn’t stick to Kid anymore. Kid and the female wooden villager got together and had a kid named Chucky. LOL. Just kidding. All the villagers started giving out goldstars to everybody. Not whats based upon your looks and personality.
    MORAL’ Be who you want to be and not care what other people think.

12. Mortimer by Robert Munsch
    A book that I really liked when I was younger was Mortimer by Robert Munsch. This book is about Mortimer, who has to go to bed, but Mortimer would rather stay up. Mortimer sang on the top of his lungs and soon his mother came up to his room and told him to be quiet and go to sleep, but once she left Mortimer kept singing. This time his father came up to his room and told him to be quiet and go to sleep. Mortimer didn’t listen to his father and kept singing, and this time all his brothers and sisters came up to Mortimer’s room and told him to be quiet and go to sleep. Mortimer still didn’t listen to his brothers or sisters and kept on singing, and this time two police officers came up to his room and told Mortimer to be quiet, but then the police officers, Mortimer’s parents and all his brothers and sisters started to argue with each other, and while everyone was distracted, Mortimer drifts off into a deep sleep.
    This book was one of my favorite books, because I thought it was funny. The moral or lesson of this story is that you should always listen to your parents in the first place, before the problem becomes too much and there are consequences.

13. Favorite Story
    My favorite bedtime story from my childhood years would be Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. My mother is a huge Dr. Seuss fan, and has every one of his books in her classroom. I believe the moral in Green Eggs and Ham, is that if you never try anything new, you will never know what you like, don’t like or even love! If you don’t try new things, you won’t know as many things, have as many experiences or try even more things. The cycle is endless, saying that if you try one new thing, you will try another, and on and on. This doesn’t apply to only food. This could be code for anything from food to places to making new friends. If you only try something new, your whole life will open up!

14. Purple, Green And Yellow
    My Favorite Childhood Book is Purple, Green and Yellow by Robert Munch. I loved this book because of the vibrant colors, like the title suggests. I also love the plot. Bridget, a young artist, pesters her mom into getting her markers. She first asks her mother for washables and gets them by manipulating her by “putting” her at ease by saying you can’t get into trouble with washable markers. I love this part because it taught me that you can manipulate people without problems, and it isn’t bad to get what you want by manipulation. Another reason this book sticks in my memory is the “jokes”, like when Bridget gets smelly markers she makes cow plops that smell like cow plops. Something Hilarious is the end. Bridget gets Super-indelible-never-comes-off-untill-your-dead-and-sometimes-even-later markers and colors all over herself.7 her mom quickly finds out then calls the hospital, and the nurse shoves a pill down Bridget’s throat and pushes her in the bath. When she gets out Bridget is invisible. Her mom says “you can’t go through life invisible” and Bridget just colors herself normal, and says you can’t tell look at daddy, I colored all over him. He’s fine as long as he doesn’t get wet. The books ends with her dad in a rain storm colored all over. I leant that you should always listen to your parents because they know best.

15. Punchinello-If Only I Had a Green Nose
    This book is really cute and has a great mural. In the book a human named Eli creates a community of wooden people (Wemmicks). The main characters name is Punchinello and his friends’ names are Lucia, Chip, and Splint. The new trend in Wemmicksville is painted noses. So everyone lines up to get them painted. Once this happens, Punchinello and his friends are the only ones whom didn’t do it. They listen to Eli because he appreciates every Wemmick for how they are and the four friends agree. They go see Eli almost every day but once the nose painting trend starts, they see him less and less. Punchinellos’ friends get their noses painted eventually, and a while after that, Punchinello decides to also. Without a painted nose, Punchinello was made fun of, ignored and treated rudely. The trending color kept changing so they kept changing the color of the paint which consisted of just leaving the previous color on and painting over it. After a few weeks of this trend, the Wemmicks decided that they wanted no nose paint. Now everyone followed that trend. To do this, you had to get all the paint sanded off which to them was super painful. Eli sands Punchinello’s and his friend’s noses. Then they all talk and Eli says “See I told you it’s okay not fitting in. Who cares what others think of you.” They take his advice, and thank him. So now they really realize the importance of this.

(Not related to the story is the quote-Those who care don’t matter, those who matter don’t care.-unknown)

16. MMM, Cookies
    When I was younger my favorite author was Robert Munch. I loved how he always made his books so colorful, I liked every book he wrote. My favorite book by him was MMM, Cookies. I just loved the pictures so much. The colors were magnificent and when I looked at him making those clay pizzas, I wanted to do it. The clay looked so beautiful to me. I usually read this book on my own but other times it was my mom, my dad’s not really a reader only if it’s hunting magazines. To me it’s really hard to just pick one favorite book or one favorite anything for me but for Robert munch, you can’t say no to him. He was the best writer to me I loved his books but MMM, Cookies was my favorite. That book got me into reading more of his books to this day when I see a Robert munch book I have to pick it up and read it.

17. Children’s book

The book I really like when I was small was the gruffalo because it was one of the best books I ever read. I also like this book because the little mouse meets a fox, owl, and a snake and makes up a creature called the gruffalo. Then at the end of this book the little mouse meets the made up creature and goes around and scare the animals he meets.

18. Favorite child story: Franklin

Franklin the series has been one of my favorite childhood stories. Each story there would be a problem (how to tie your shoes?) The franklin would teach children how to tie it. Or (franklin going to school) Franklin would meet new friends. It teaches children a lot of different things. I really like the part when franklin would go to school. He would be really friendly to other creatures, and don’t care how they look. That teaches a love of young children to always be nice even if people don’t look good for you. These books and TV shows gets lots of young people nicer and not evil. It even made me respectful to people around the world and even other people to. I really enjoy these books because it teaches me good things

19. Where the wild thing are.
    Where the wild things are is a book about a boy who gets mad at him mom and he gets put in his room for the night earlier than usual. But he dreams that he goes into a different world and he tricks the monsters that live in his world into thinking that he is their king, and the Monster listen to everything he tells him to do. Until they find out that he is indeed not their king and the Monsters try to kill him. But with luck, he escapes and he is back in his room safe and sound.