Malala Yousufzai -Pakistani girl shot

Malala’s shooting outraged many in Pakistan, where she was admired for her outspoken courage and advocacy. Three years ago, when she was just 11, she began writing a blog for the BBC about life under the Taliban.  She wanted girls in Pakistan to have the right to be educated. In early October, young Malala was shot in an assassination attempt. She underwent surgery to remove a bullet from her neck. Dr. Kevin Bolger of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham UK  has informed the public that Malala’s current medical condition is satisfactory and her health is gradually recovering.  He went on to state that, “.. a complete and full recovery will still take some more time.”

Malala’s confident, articulate campaign for girls’ education has won her admirers – and recognition – at home and abroad. She has appeared on national and international television, and spoken of her dream of a future Pakistan where education would prevail. It has been speculated that when she is completely well, that Malala will return to Pakistan and continue to advocate for the rights of girls to receive an education. In your opinion, should she return or should she not return? Back up your answers.

44 thoughts on “Malala Yousufzai -Pakistani girl shot

1. I really think that Malala should return because she shows great courage and bravery and leadership towards those women. Malala is a great woman, so I personally think she should return and continue fighting for what she believes in for those womens rights. Malala should also have access to protection from the people trying to assassinate her.

2. i think in my opinion that malala shouldnt return back becuase well she can still support her concern wheres shes at if can find a way and if she were to go back she can also get hurt from the assassinater who attempted to kill her So in all no i dont think should go back.

3. I believe that Malala’s shooting was outrageous. I think Malala stood up for the right thing, girls should have every right to an education. I believe she should go back to Pakistan to fight for girls right for education, but I also think is wouldn’t be very safe for her there. I believe that she had no right to get shot; she stood up for what was right and a lot of people should stand up for girl’s rights to education.

4. I personnaly dont think that You will ever be able to stop texting and driving. Too many people do it. One thing you could do is raise the fine.

5. Good story emily I just don’t agree with you. I think she should go back because if she doesn’t her thoughts won’t make a difference because she isn’t on the front line and won’t be living under the Taliban anymore. One life isn’t worth the lives of many. Even if money is donated for schools for the girls they will just be banned and destroyed by the taliban.

6. Malala
    I think that malala should not go back to Pakistan because if she does she will be in danger of getting shot again. If she does go back she should get some help and other people to agree with her and some people to protect her and make Shure she doesn’t get shot again. If she does get shot then Pakistan will go back to the way it used to be and women will not go to school and the women will be uneducated and not be very smart.

7. @Ty.J I agree with you malala should go back so that she can be the voice and get the right for girls to get an education.

8. Lane c I agree that Malala should not go back because there will be many assassination attempts.

9. A Pakistani girl has been shot in the neck in an assassination attempt because 3 years ago when she was 11 she was writing a blog to BBC about how she lived in Taliban. So far she is doing well and making a great recovery. She is fighting for girls in her community to be able to go to school. But there is a price; if she is to go back she will be killed. But even though this is terrible I believe that she should go back. If she dies she will die for the freedom of others. And that is the best death. I hope if she goes back she will live and be able to help other girls go to school. And you guys say you hate school! We have amazing chances for educations to go get amazing job. She wants that so I say she should go back in honor of her people our people!

10. Malala yousufzai

I don’t think she should return because she might get killed this time or she might get injured very badly again. She should return then fight for girls’ education; I really think she should return so she can save the girls ‘education. I don’t think it`s fair to let the boys get a good education and girls have a very bad education.

11. Heather I agree with you. She is very brave and if she really wants she should go back to Pakistan.

12. I think that Heather is very right. If I was faced with a situation like Malala, I wouldn’t want to go back to Pakistan. If that IS what she really wants, to direct her attention to the people of Pakistan, not the other parts of the world, then she should be proud. I could never do that.

13. I really agree with you Emily. If Malala stays in the UK, then she will be able to talk to the people in charge of the education and all of hat stuff. Great post Emily!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

14. i agree malala should not go back because if she dose she will probrable end up dead

15. I personally think that Malala should stay away from Pakistan. She has already been threw an assassination attempt and she will go through many more if she returns. Malala will be safe if she stays away from Pakistan. She could organize a group of girls feeling the same way and lead them in the right direction. Malala shouldn’t need to get herself killed for people to recognize that girls need education as well.

16. Malala is a brave girl. In early October, she got shot in the neck. She stood up for girls in her country to have the right to be educated. She was admired for her outspoken courage and advocacy. In my opinion, Malala should not go back in Pakistan. She has already done good things to help the girls in Pakistan, she almost died. If she goes back to Pakistan, she might get shot again. It’s too dangerous for her to go back in Pakistan.

17. honestly, I think she should stay out of Pakistan. I think that she shouldnt go back because people could try to ” finish the job “.

18. she should stay out of Pakistan or she will most likely get shot again and die. She could start a new life in the states were she won’t be killed or hurt. But at the same time she should go back to continue fighting for what she believes in and for the rights of other girls.Malala wouldn’t stand a chance against them but if she does go back and dies

19. I think Malala is a pretty, mighty, strong, girl. She is doing a good thing and a right thing fighting for rights for girls. She does not give up at nothing till she gets what she wants. But I think she should not return back to Pakistan, because there is a chance that she might be assassinated again, trying to spread the word for girls to have freedom and learning rights. She could stay in the U.K and live a new beautiful life, but it didn’t mean she gave up, it meant that she tried and that is worth it. It’s amazing that she survived the assassination; a bullet to the head is not likely to survive at all times. God bless her for trying and doing the right thing.

20. I think Malala should go back to Pakistan and go to a place where nobody could find her and have like a bunch of body guards maybe she could stay in a different city in Pakistan and go visit with her family and her family could probably move with her but she needs to keep trying to get the rights of girls education.

21. Malala’s Story
    Malala is a Pakistani girl that is an advocate for the girls in Pakistan that don’t have the proper education in school. In October she had an assassination and shot in the neck and head. She was flown to England to have treatment. She was told that if she returned to Pakistan there would be many more attempts on her life and on her family and friends as well. I believe that Malala should not go back, because of the attempts and this time I doubt they will miss. But she should continue to do her work outside of Pakistan. She should do more online things or televised things. But because she has decided to go back she will die a very brave girl and her work will not go un-noticed.

22. I think that Malala was very brave for standing up to what she thinks is right, but I don’t think that she should go back to her home country because then she could be killed. It shouldn’t be her responsibility to save the girls’ education rights all by herself when there are so many other people living. She should continue to do what she does in America and try to get people she knows to stand up to, because if there are more numbers, it will most likely be more affective. Just because she is staying does not mean she is giving up, because her life is important too and we shouldn’t risk her getting hurt even more. People would say that one person’s death is good for the sake of others, but she shouldn’t have to do this alone and sacrifice her life as well.

23. Malala yousufzai
    I think Malala should go back their but have bodyguard with her so the assassination would not hurt her again . She should have a say in girl’s education because girls need an education just as much as boys. Thank god she is still alive because if she wasn’t alive there would be no chance of girls getting an education in Pakistan.

24. MALALA Yousufzai

FOR ME MALALA SHOULD STAY OUT OF THE COUNTRY BECAUSE IF MALALA GET BACK IN PAKISTAN SHE MIGHT have more ASSINATE ATTEMPTS AGAIN SO FOR ME MALALA SHOULD STAY OUT OF THE COUNTRY TO BE SAFE

25. Malala I think you should go back and fight so girls can get an education. Malala need to speak to world so girls can have an education. Boys are not only ones that can read work and all that stuff. I think Malala should have a voice.

26. Malala

I think that Malala should not go back to Pakistan because if she does she will be in danger of getting shot again. If she does go back she should get some help and other people to agree with her and some people to protect her and make sure she doesn’t get shot again. If she does get shot then Pakistan will go back to the way it used to be and women will not go to school and the women will be uneducated and not be very smart.

27. Malala needs to go back because if she doesn’t speak for the people nobody will. There are too many young girls not getting an education just because the Taliban doesn’t allow it. If she goes back she is putting her and her family’s lives in danger but if she does go back and keeps advocating for all Pakistani girls the result could change the lives of thousands and potentially inspire others to stand up and change the whole world. She is already admired by millions across the world but if she does go back she will be one of the most respected young women in history. It is not fair to not allow girls to go to school just because they are considered the lesser gender. Malala could potentially make all girls have equal rights to boys and make Pakistan a place where everyone is treated equally. Malala should definitely return but in the end it is her decision. If Malala returns the cost will likely be less than the final result.

28. Malala
    Malala should not go back to Pakistan because it is too dangerous to be there anymore. If she goes back she is in danger of more assassination attempts to happen. She can still get the message to the world any way. In or out of Pakistan plus she is a lot safer but there is still a chance assassination attempts

29. Malala
    She should….
    Go back because she is changing the world by getting more girls to get an education. She should help people live a good life. Too many girls do not have an education, and I think they should. If they have an education then they could have a good job good life. She can change thousands of people’s lives. She should go back. She may danger her family but she will make girls happy.

30. Malala
    I think Malala should go back to Pakistan because she is very brave and she needs to keep being brave for all those girls living there. Even though she might be at risk she is doing it for a good cause. Lots of people in this world know what she is standing for so they will help Malala stand up for the rights of girls to go to school.

31. Malala’s Story
    Malala is a confident brave girl. She stood up for girls in her country that can’t have a proper education. I would not be brave enough to stand in front of a crowd of people and give a speech knowing that that it was dangerous. In early October, Malala was giving her speech she was shot in the neck and head. Malala was airlifted to the UK and she miraculously survived. In my opinion Malala could go back if she really decided she wanted to. They have threatened to kill her and her family if she returned to Pakistan and kept standing up for girls’ rights in education. She has made a big impact in her country already and people have listened to her. People should take a moment to listen and think about what she wants for her country, she has made an impact on me and I hope she knows what she did is very courageous and brave.

32. Malala
    I think malala should not go back. She has already done good things to try and help all the girls in Pakistan. If malala does go back she will be assassinated and probable killed. Even if she doesn’t go back someone will eventually help the girls in Pakistan like malala did. If she ever did go back though she would be sent threats that people were going to kill her and her parents are probable so scared for their daughter they won’t want here to go back. For me though I just wouldn’t go back. She already tried to help the girls and now in some places they can go to school. I just think she shouldn’t.

33. Malala should return to Pakistan.
    She should go back to fight for the rights her and all the other girl deserves. But the only bad thing about returning is that the assassination attempts will keep happing and she got very lucky this time to survive getting a shot to the neck and her throat she might not be as lucky next time. But in my opinion she should return cause everyone should have the right to be educated.

34. Do to die.
    I think Malala should not go back to Pakistan and stay in Brittan. The reason I think so I because if she goes back she will be assassinated and probably killed this time. I also think that she has done enough and if the other girls in Pakistan want change than they should group up and fix the problem themselves. I also think that since the thing she is writing about is an education Malala should go to school in Brittan and get a real education. I think that being shot twice is enough and she should have a peaceful life in Brittan. Although that’s what I think malala will probably go and try to make a bigger change.

35. My opinion on Malala’s story

I really think Malala is a great girl. She is definitely confident and brave. I know if I was in her situation, I would probably not go back to Pakistan. But at the same time, I probably wouldn’t be the one trying to make a difference that big. I don’t think she should go back, but if that is what she really wants, than she should go for it. It would be a huge risk, but it is her decision, not mine. So really I don’t know if I think she should go back or not. I pretty much think that whatever she chooses she will obviously want it to be that way.

36. Malala
    I think that that Malala shouldn’t go back to Pakistan, because if she does, she’ll probably get shot again. If she stays in the UK, Malala will be safe, and she can talk to all the people that can make a difference. Talking about charity, and how if people donate enough money, they could get schools for girls to be safe and to learn in…
    I wouldn’t want to go back to somewhere people got shot every day. I would want to be safe, somewhere where I could talk and not be in shooting range. I think Malala is an amazing girl who deserves education, just like EVERY girl in the world. I hope she can live to tell everyone who can help how they can 

37. She should go back and fight for all the girls’ education. Everybody deserves a chance to be educated.

38. I think she should return but then again she shouldn’t here’s why. If she returns she will continue helping women and make a difference and stand up against the men who say women can’t have an education. But also if she goes back the people who tried to kill her before will do it again and this time will not quit until its done. Malala wouldn’t stand a chance against them but if she does go back and dies she will be dying for a good reason.

39. I don’t think malala should return to Pakistan because she will probably get attacked again. I think it is good that she helped out girls there but I think she should find another safer way to help out the girls.

40. I don’t think Malala should return because she might get attacked again but this time she could be killed. She could start a new life in the states were she won’t be killed or hurt. But at the same time she should go back to continue fighting for what she believes in and for the rights of other girls.